Spread of the coronavirus
Dear customers and business partners,
the coronavirus is becoming increasingly international. In addition to China, South Korea, Iran and Italy, which continue to be the countries most affected, more and more cases of disease caused by SARS-CoV-2 are also being registered in Germany, France, Spain and almost any other country.
To our knowledge, no one in the immediate vicinity of the Klasmann-Deilmann Group has fallen ill to date, neither our employees nor our business partners and customers. We continue to hope that this will remain so and that the spread of the virus will soon decrease.
Klasmann-Deilmann has set up a crisis team as a precautionary measure. We want to be prepared as comprehensively as possible in the event of any suspicious or illnesses occurring in our company. Our goal is clearly defined:
- We want to protect our employees from infection
- We want to guarantee the production of growing media and supply our customers
- We want to maintain normal business operations even in an emergent situation
We have therefore taken measures to help us achieve these goals:
- We have tightened the regulations on preventive hygiene, which apply to our workforce, but also to truck drivers and service providers on our factory premises
- We have reduced air travel, other business trips, events and meetings
- Stricter rules apply to visitors and hosts, which may lead to postponement of appointments by at least 14 days
- We have prepared our administrative staff for temporary work in the home office
- In our production facilities, we strictly separate the teams working in shifts from each other in order to prevent the spread of possible cases of illness
- Additional measures already prepared only take effect in the event of further escalation in the spread of the coronavirus
We ask for your understanding, should there be any restrictions in the contact with you. We make our decisions according to the current situation and with the intention of always protecting all parties involved in the best possible way.
The impact on our operating business has so far been minimal. Our colleagues in Italy, China and throughout Asia deserve special thanks for their exceptional performance in maintaining sales and logistics without compromise under significantly more difficult conditions. Should there be a further shortage of freight space in the coming weeks, we will inform you in good time.
But the most important thing is: Please stay healthy!
Managing Directors Klasmann-Deilmann Group
Moritz Böcking Bernd Wehming