ADVANCED Propagation Substrates
Strong and healthy seedlings with perlite and GreenFibre®
Tray substrates based on carefully screened, structurally stable white peat with a low proportion of fine particles have proved for years to be the ideal base for the successful propagation of young plants. The very precise and uniform fertilisation as well as a pH setting to meet any plant’s needs promote very healthy and homogenous seedlings and rooted cuttings.
In addition, we use perlite only from our own production, thus ensuring the highest quality standards whenever additional aeration, drainage and structural stability are required.
Our specially developed fine GreenFibre®, a wood fibre from renewable sources, has also shown many advantages in the cultivation of young plants in cell trays. An extra fine, free-flowing substrate structure makes it suitable for use on all automatic filling lines. Our ADVANCED Propagation Substrates with GreenFibre® promote good aeration, improved root development and also reduce carbon emissions.
“We have seen just perfect results of seedlings grown with 20 % GreenFibre® fine. Especially when there’s a lot of rain and humidity, the young plants grow healthier roots. We feel the substrate is more forgiving during cultivation and we get great crops with a substrate that also provides improved sustainability.”
Be innovative. Be ADVANCED.
Our fine GreenFibre® is treated in special mills to achieve a specific extra fine, structure. This ensures perfect mixing and even distribution in the propagation substrate. GreenFibre® opens up new possibilities and thus has led to a new concept for our propagation substrates. A proportion of 15 to 20 per cent by volume is already recommended. The nitrogen balance of GreenFibre® is very stable and a regular feeding regime leads to good crop results. Ideal growth results are achieved with a nitrate-based liquid feeding scheme.
Manufactured by Klasmann-Deilmann – horticultural perlite for propagation
In 2021 we started to manufacture high quality horticultural grade perlite on our own production line in Lithuania. The benefits are obvious:
- Improved availability of perlite for our substrate factories
- More independence in case of logistical bottlenecks
- Reduced transport due to local production and thus a lower carbon footprint
- Provides a commercially interesting constituent for propagation and potting substrates
… increases air capacity and drainage
… prevents waterlogging
… provides excellent structural stability
… is pH neutral and has an extremely low salt level
… is ideal for use in substrates for propagation and potting when strong drainage is required
Benefits of ADVANCED Propagation Substrates with GreenFibre®
- Higher aeration of the root zone and increased drainage, thus less problems with waterlogging
- Improved initial development of roots and seedlings
- Enhanced homogeneity of young plants in trays
- Helps the substrate surface dry faster, thus less infestation of young plants with root diseases as well as less algae and moss on the substrate surface
- Easier rewetting of the substrate
- RHP-certified raw material, specially developed for the needs of commercial horticulture
- Optimised delivery volume due to lower substrate weight
- Increased sustainability and reduced carbon footprint of your plant production thanks to this renewable constituent
- Use of GreenFibre® fine up to 20% by volume